2000 Year in Review:
éS Footwear premieres its heavily anticipated Menikmati video to wide public acclaim. The arrival of Menikmati inspires a new movement of shoe company skate videos into an arena that had previously been dominated in large part by hardgoods manufacturers.
New Brazilian import Rodrigo Tx. finds his way onto the éS team by way of Bob Burnquist. Rodrigo will go on to amaze everyone with his uncanny switch skating ability and his penchant for combining tricks in a way that no one thought possible.
Eric Koston threepeats contest wins at the Globe World Contest in Dortmund, Germany; X Games in San Francisco, California and Gravity Games in Providence, Rhode Island.
Transworld Magazine Covers
2000 éS Video Commercials
Introducing The K3
- Millennium celebrations take place throughout the world. Y2K passes without the serious, widespread computer failures and malfunctions that had been predicted.
- In Sacramento, California, a commercial truck carrying evaporated milk is driven into the State Capitol building, killing the driver.
- The final original Peanuts comic strip is published.
- Microsoft is ruled to have violated United States anti-trust laws by keeping an oppressive thumb on its competitors.
- A Concorde carrying Air France Flight 4590 crashes just after takeoff from Paris, killing all 109 aboard and five on the ground.
- The 2000 Summer Olympics open in Sydney, Australia.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton is elected to the United States Senate, becoming the first First Lady of the United States to win public office.
- U.S. retail giant Montgomery Ward announces it is going out of business after 128 years.